What is a Seaman’s Book or Seaman’s Discharge Book ?
A Seaman Record Book or Continuous Discharge Certificate is a continuous record of a seaman’s service.
This document certifies that the person holding is a seaman as per The International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watch keeping for Seafarers (STCW), 1978, as amended 1995.
Every seafarer must carry this document while on board, which is also an official and legal record of his sea experience.
The master of the vessel signs the document each time a seaman is signed off from the vessel certifying his experience on board.
This is one of the most important documents while a seaman is travelling on board. Even if a person has just this document, they have been called ‘Seaman’.
Passport, STCW-95 certification and a Seaman Book are considered essential travel documents for applying for a shipping or cruise line job or career.
To join any port-of-entry around the world, a seafarer may require crew transit visa. Seaman Book is one of the compulsory document for applying such transit visas
What is STCW-95 Certification ?
STCW stands for Standard of Training Certification and Watch keeping. This is a basic safety course regulated by the IMO for all seafarers. One must attend this course in order to be able to work onboard a ship regardless of whatever certification you have as this is the basic primary certification needed to set a feet on board any ship around the world. This certificate is internationally recognized and includes four basic modules, which are:-
- Personal Survival techniques (PST) – This module will give the candidate knowledge of essential prevention and survival .techniques, It includes both theoretical and practical sessions; investigating causes of distress, knowledge and use of equipment, launch and recovery of life raft, preparation of survival, personal survival skills, and use of search and rescue organizations.
- Fire Fighting & Fire Prevention (FPFF) – This module deals with the precautions to be taken to minimize the risk of fires aboard the ship, the way in which fires are caused and first means of extinguishing them. The module includes practical training in the use of fire fighting equipment, and use of breathing apparatus for fire fighting and rescue.
- Elementary First Aid (EFA) – This module is a mixture of theory and practical sessions, training basic first aid and life saving skills.
- Personal Safety & Social Responsibility (PSSR): – This module gives basic induction training in safety procedures and accident prevention and familiarizes new seafarers and working conditions aboard the ship.
Basic Requisites, Validity & Checklist for Belize Seaman Book :
- Passport copy (First and Last page scanned color)
- One – Passport size Photograph – pp size, white background (scanned color),
- STCW or Bosiet certification – (scanned color)
- Medical Fitness certificate
- Validity of Belize Seaman Book – 5 years from date of issue
- Time required to process : 01 (One) working day.
- Online verification available
Basic Requisites, Validity & Checklist for Panama Seaman Book :
- Validity of Panama Seaman Book – 5 years from date of issue
- Time required to process : 25-30 working days
- Blue chit issued in 1 day (scanned copy)
- Online verification available
Call us and send the documents by email OR Send the documents by courier / speed post to our office address and get CDC by courier to your destination by courier. . The payment can be delivered to us at office or deposited by Money order or cash or DD or wire transfer / Internet transfer or cash deposit from anywhere in India or abroad to our corporate current account. Once the transfer is made, the slip needs to be emailed to us
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org